The holidays are coming so it’s time to put up the annual wish list.
1. Olympus E5 dSLR with HLD-4 vertical grip. Yes, I’m sticking with Olympus for my small format system…even after using top of the line Canon equipment at work.
2. Olympus 35-100mm f2 zoom lens. Why? This focal length range is so versatile. Like totally. Oh and F2 throughout the entire zoom range? Take that CaNikon.
3. Olympus 14-35mm f2 zoom lens. Fashion photography calls for wide shots. 14mm (28mm equiv) is wide enough for me. Oh and f2 throughout the zoom range? Happy.
See I’m not that picky with photography equipment. I’d be able to do 90% of the jobs I set out to do with this two-lens kit. Well 3 lens kit. I already have the highly acclaimed 50mm f2 macro. And no, my 14-54 f2.8-3.5 and 50-200 f2.8-3.5 lenses are not going anywhere.
4. Apple 15″ Macbook Pro. My iMac is totally fine but I’ve been wanting a good laptop to take to meetings and such. Also, a laptop would be nice to tether to during big projects.
5. 27″ Apple LED display. Well it would be just practical to have all my photos in one centralized computer, yes (backups not included). I mean I’d hate to move files from my desktop to my laptop and back all the time. My desktop can stay at home whilst the MBP + 27″ Display can live in a studio =) Yes. A studio. In Long Beach. Downtown LA is full of “creatives” already. I’m sticking to LB.